Being a Teacher in one of our Academies
Without the engagement of the learner, improvement doesn't stand a chance. This means real expertise from teachers and support staff alike, and excellence in teaching.
To achieve this, all teachers are expected to access top-quality professional development, to be up-to-date and constantly sharing their expertise. Students need excellent teaching to help them feel fully engaged; they also need time to develop, space to experiment and the resources and tools to enable them to progress.
As a teacher in one of our academies:
- You will be valued and will work in a safe environment.
- You will operate in an environment of developmental performance management.
- Your career path will be carefully explored with you and opportunities provided, where practicable, both within your school and across the Trust.
- You will get clear and constructive feedback about your work.
- You will work in an environment where staff work professionally and exhibit the values and attitudes set out by the Trust.
- You will operate within a clear pay and conditions policy.
- Your success will be celebrated.
- You will be clear about what excellent teaching is and how you can improve and reach this standard.
- You will be well supported by good resources, expert leaders and high-quality support staff.
“Teachers affect eternity. Nobody knows where their influence ends." (Henry Adams)