School: Brisley Church of England Primary Academy
Location: Brisley Church of England Primary Academy
Salary: Leadership Scale 1-5
Type: Full Time
Length: Permanent after a six month probationary period
Start Date: 2019-04-02
Headteacher: Mrs Mary Foreman – Interim Headteacher
Mrs Belinda Allen from September 2019 Executive Headteacher
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and committed Head of School to take on this new and exciting position.
Brisley Church of England Primary Academy is a friendly village school which is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT). From September 2019, Brisley will be part of the Rudham and Weasenham Church of England Primary Academies Federation. We like to innovate and look across Norfolk and beyond for ideas!
The head of school will have 50% non-contact time to run the day-to-day matters of this rapidly improving academy.
The Head of School will be part of a supportive federation Senior Leadership team, consisting of the Executive Head, 2 Heads of School and Federation Business Manager. We work closely with our MAT school improvement link (AGEP) who is another source of support for the person appointed to this role. Opportunities for further leadership development are possible through our multi academy trust. A mentor will also be provided for the successful applicant.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has strong experience in working with children aged 4-11 years.
• Has excellent understanding of the EYFS, and primary curriculum and statutory assessments.
• Is committed to their own professional development.
• Has a proven track record for driving school improvement in a key curriculum area.
• Will promote Christian Values and uphold the Christian ethos of the academy and DNEAT.
We can offer you:
• A supportive, friendly working environment with excellent school mentoring and induction.
• Colleagues who work closely together in the academy and across the federation and wider Trust.
• Children that are well-behaved, enthusiastic and polite.
• Supportive families.
• Full training and induction and a wider network of support and experience within our Multi Academy Trust (DNEAT)
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required for the successful candidate and other procedures and checks will be followed.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.
How to Apply
If you are excited by this new challenge, then please contact the school to have a look around and to be sent an application pack. This contains the detailed Job Description, Roles and Responsibilities Form and Person Specification.
Telephone our academy, to arrange a look around and be sent an application pack: 01362 668350
Email to request a pack: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcome until: 12pm on 26th April 2019
Interviews will take place: Wednesday 22nd May 2019