School: Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Location: Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: 2019-01-14
These are exciting times at Dereham Junior. Following a period of rapid improvement, we secured ‘good’ in our first inspection as an academy in July 2018.
We now want to accelerate into the next phase of our development and require a highly motivated and skilled individual to lead the way in a thriving community that cannot wait to work with you!
Dereham needs someone with the:
- character to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance outcomes
- passion to focus relentlessly on what’s best for pupils in their context
- initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst sustaining what already works
- ability to develop outstanding educational provision that results in outstanding outcomes
- willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them
- ambition to capitalise on exciting prospects to develop transition with three local infant schools and two high schools
- vision to cultivate collaborative relationships with other academies in the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT) whilst establishing Dereham as a beacon of distinctiveness and excellence
You will be supported by the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT). Ofsted (May 2018) reported that ‘Headteachers speak highly of the value added to their provision through becoming part of the family of Trust schools’ and that ‘vacant posts are offered not just as jobs, but as career development opportunities’ in a ‘culture of collaborative learning’ We can therefore offer you:
- peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support
- geographically focussed development opportunities within a south western hub of academies including dedicated support from a key professional
- the security of working in a climate of shared accountability
- investment in your professional development and future career
- opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust-wide improvement initiatives
- access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning
- a research-based approach to academy improvement that builds capacity from within
- a values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of Church academies
The post holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Don’t miss the opportunity to find out more by reading our information pack and visiting our website at www.derehamjunior.dneat.org .
We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit the school to experience what it has to offer, although understand that this may not be possible. Please contact Christabel Kiy on: 01362 693876 to arrange a visit.
Return completed applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25 January 2019
Interviews will take place on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 February 2019
The post will start on 1 September 2019