Location: The Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies
Type: Full Time
Start Date: 2019-07-19
These are exciting times at the Nar Valley Federation. Our three academies were recently inspected following a period of rapid improvement from serious weaknesses. All achieved their best outcome for at least 10 years! The predominantly good and outstanding practice we now have puts the federation in a very strong position for further development.
There is a strong culture and an eager staff team, whose members work well together and demonstrate positive ambition for continued success. We want a highly motivated and skilled individual to inspire us and lead the way in a thriving community that cannot wait to work with you!
The Nar Valley needs someone with the:
• Insight to work across three diverse and individual academies on three sites
• character to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance outcomes
• passion to focus relentlessly on what’s best for pupils in their context
• initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst sustaining what already works
• ability to develop outstanding educational provision that results in outstanding outcomes
• willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them
• ambition to drive a rich and varied curriculum which engages and inspires every child
• vision to cultivate collaborative relationships with other academies in the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT)
You will be supported by the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT). Ofsted (May 2018) reported that ‘Headteachers speak highly of the value added to their provision through becoming part of the family of Trust schools’ and that ‘vacant posts are offered not just as jobs, but as career development opportunities’ in a ‘culture of collaborative learning’ We can therefore offer you:
• peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support
• geographically focussed development opportunities within a south western hub of academies including dedicated support from a key professional
• the security of working in a climate of shared accountability
• investment in your professional development and future career
• opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust-wide improvement initiatives
• access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning
• a research-based approach to academy improvement that builds capacity from within
• a values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of Church academies
“We may be small but our education is big”
“We want a big personality for our small school”
“We are a good school because we follow our school values and school Ethos”
Don’t miss the opportunity to find out more by reading our information pack and visiting our website at www.thenarvalleyfederation.co.uk
We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit our academies to experience their individual passion and character, although understand that this may not be possible. Please contact Miss Karen Howman Secretary at Castle Acre on 01760 755305 who can organise a visit for you to see our schools.
The post holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
These academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Closing date: 16 September 2019 9am
Interviews: 25 and 26 September 2019
Taking up post: 1 January 2020
For an application form please contact EPM Ltd, email: email@example.com or download directly from school vacancies at www.epm.co.uk
Return completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org