School: Sporle Church of England Primary Academy
Location: Sporle CofE Primary Academy
Salary: £9.16 to£9.68 per hour
Type: Part Time
Start Date: 2018-10-10
The Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies would like to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and friendly Finance/Secretarial Assistant to support with the management and working sof our busy school office at Sporle Church of England Primary Academy.
We are looking for someone who is patient, has strong organisational skills and some financial experience, although further training can be provided on our systems. You will need to possess a good telephone manner and be able to deal sensitively and confidentially with a range of children, parents and visitors to school. The post holder will require a 'can do' attitude and be flexible in their approach with the ability to switch easily and confertably between tasks and issues arising on a daily basis.
The candidate will be working alongside our clerical assistant and as such will need to be able to work effectively as part of a team, developing tasks and roles accordingly.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Being one of the friendly, welcoming faces to our pupils, parents and all our visitors
- Preparing and undertaking weekly banking, completing relevant paperwork
- Placing orders on PS Financials once authorised by the Headteacher
- Completing the pupil and workforce census on agreed dates during the year
- Liaising with our HR provider and Headteacher issuing ammendments to contracts as needed
- Querying any payroll matters as raised by the Headteacher and liaising effectively between the Headteacher and EPM (HR Provider)
- Liaising with the Headteacher regarding the budget
- Maintianing computerised records/management information systems including pupil details
- Undertaking reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors, ensuring safeguarding procedures are followed
- Providing routine clerical/administrative support e.g. post, photocopying, filing, emailing, responding to routine correspondance etc
A good understanding of Microsoft Office and Pupil Asset would be desirable, although training will be given in the latter for the right candidate. It is desireable that the candidate will have some working knowledge/experience of finance as this will be a key part of the role.
How to Apply
For further information or to request an application form please email Mrs Kelly Scott, Headteacher at email@example.com
Deadline for reciept of applications: 12 noon Monday 29 October 2018
Interviews: Friday 2 November
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to relevant checks in line with Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding procedures.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications irrespective of race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation and/or age. We value the individuality and creativity that every worker potentially brings to the workforce.