School: Sporle Church of England Primary Academy
Salary: £10.92-£11.98 per hour
Contract Term: 30 hours per week – Term time +1
Start Date: 2018-06-05
If you are a motivated, calm, team player looking for a new challenge, we may have the position for you. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, caring HLTA to join our friendly, passionate staff across our Federation of Church Schools.
Everybody Safe, Everybody Happy, Everybody Learning
‘Being respectful, responsible, courageous, thankful and hopeful’
Through our Christian Values we are an inclusive Federation which:
• Strives to build lasting memories
• Increases life opportunities
• Forges harmony not just happiness
• Promotes and develops the importance of relationships
• Embraces failure as well as success
• Develops resilience to support our pupils to face an ever changing future
The role of HLTA will be based at Sporle Primary Academy, a small Primary school with 75 pupils currently on roll. The position will include a mixture of class support (predominantly supporting year 4,5 and 6 pupils) and covering teacher’s PPA and leadership release time across the school. As a small school this role is used to cover all three classes (R/1), (2/3/4), (4/5/6) for short term absences and to allow teachers to carry out professional duties and training. There will be opportunities during the year to work alongside our other two HLTAs within the Federation and CPD opportunities are planned carefully through our appraisal system to support the development of all staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Work collaboratively and constructively as part of team
• Have a positive mindset and a belief that all children can succeed
• Have experience of planning for and delivering to groups or classes
• Meet the Higher Level Teaching Assistant Standards or have equivalent qualifications or experience
• Relate well to adults and children alike
• Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people
• Have effective positive behaviour management skills
• Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
• Constantly seek to improve own practice/knowledge through self-evaluation, learning from others and CPD opportunities
• Have excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
• Be proficient with the use of ICT to support learning
Although this role will be based at Sporle Church of England Primary Academy this year, all our contracts are issued across the Federation (Castle Acre and Narborough Primary Academies) to enable us to make the most of the skillset of our staff to provide the best possible support for our 250 children across the Federation.
How to Apply
For further information please contact Mrs Andrea Soame or Miss Shelley Cawkill in the school office. Prospective candidates are very welcome to arrange a visit and you can find out more about our Federation at www.narvalleyfederation.co.uk
Applications need to be completed using the DNEAT application form, rather than the Local Authority form.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any applicant must expect to complete and comply fully with a DBS check and reference vetting.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 June
Interviews: Wednesday 27 June