School: The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
Salary: L5 – L9
Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Required from September 2018 or sooner!
Start Date: 2018-01-02
Do you enjoy thinking creatively? Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about supporting children in overcoming barriers to learning? We are excited by the opportunity to recruit a second, non-class based deputy with a leading role in developing our curriculum and assessment arrangements.
The successful candidate will be:
• An ambitious, highly motivated and enthusiastic learner with a track record of growing others
• Able to deliver outstanding and memorable teaching and learning
• Committed to raising aspiration and broadening horizons
• Passionate about inclusion and enabling every child
• An effective organiser with good interpersonal skills
• Flexible and able to relish opportunities created by change
• A pro-active team member committed to the school’s core values
We can offer you:
• The opportunity of a lifetime to make a real difference in this vibrant and inclusive school community
• Enthusiastic children who want to learn
• A clear vision for the future and support for your own career progression through World class CPD – currently working with Shirley Clarke among others
• A friendly, supportive staff team
• An outstanding learning environment with opportunities for further development
How to Apply
You can email questions directly to the Headteacher: email@example.com or call the school for an informal conversation about the role. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Bishop’s Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
References with specific safeguarding questions will be followed up.
To apply for the post, please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Monday 29 January 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 30 January 2018
Interview dates: Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 February 2018
Observations of candidates in their own school, by arrangement during week beginning 5 February 2018
We are committed to ensuring the very highest possible standards of care to our young people and as such require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS with a barred list check will be required and other procedures and checks will be followed as part of our safeguarding procedures. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
"This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations."
“The postholder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.”