School: The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
Location: The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
Salary: Scale D (£14,076 - £14,358 pa pro-rata)
Type: Part Time
Contract Term: 32.5 hours per week. Term time + 1 week. To start as soon as possible.
Start Date: 2020-03-03
The Bishop’s CE Primary Academy
Headteacher: Mr Dan Pickard
Age Range 4-11
Are you looking for a new challenge working with our most vulnerable learners? Do you have a passion for engaging children in their learning while developing their social and emotional resilience? If so we would like you to join our inspirational inclusion team.
The role will include:
- Effective management of pupils with social emotional and behavioral difficulties
- Supporting individuals to re-engage in their learning
- Communicating with staff members to promote effective behaviour management techniques in line with the school’s ‘Pathway’
- Class based ‘behaviour for learning’ support
- Delivery of nurture provision
The successful candidate will:
- Be a pro-active team member committed to the school’s vision of safe, happy, learning for every child.
- Be highly literate and numerate
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have a knowledge and understanding of how children develop and learn
- Be able to respond to children’s needs appropriately and sensitively.
- Be able to employ good behaviour management strategies.
- Have a knowledge of nurture based principles is desirable but not essential
We can offer you:
- The opportunity of a lifetime to make a real difference in this vibrant and inclusive school community
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn
- A clear vision for the future and support for your own career progression through high quality CPD
- A friendly, supportive staff team
- An outstanding learning environment with opportunities for further development
If you are still reading and feel like you want your name to be on our team sheet, please get in touch to discuss the role.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Bishop’s Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
References with specific safeguarding questions will be followed up.
We are committed to ensuring the very highest possible standards of care to our young people and as such require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS with a barred list check will be required and other procedures and checks will be followed as part of our safeguarding procedures. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
"This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations."
“The postholder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.”
How to Apply
Early Applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Please contact the School Office to arrange a visit and/or for an application pack.
To apply for the post, please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon 20 April 2020
Shortlisting: 20 April 2020
Interview date: 27 April 2020