School: The Open Academy
Location: The Open Academy
Salary: Salary Scale F point 12 £21,589 to point 17 £23,836 (pro rata)
Type: Part Time
Length: Fixed term contract until 31 August 2020 in the first instance
Contract Term: Required to start as soon as possible
Start Date: 2019-04-10
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to work in our newly developed nurturing learning environment (The Quay) for students who have challenging behaviour, social and emotional issues as their main barrier to learning. Ideally the successful candidate will have extensive experience in behaviour management and will be motivated to be able to promote positive learning. You will be joining a small team and at times the environment can be challenging but rewarding, so it is essential for you to value the principles of inclusion and be able to aid the children’s development to empower their abilities.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A good secondary education and/or degree
- Good ICT and organisational skills
- The ability to relate to and motivate young people
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
- The desire to make a real difference to young people’s life chances
- Previous experience of working with young people is essential
- A calm and patient approach to young people
Open Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to relevant checks in line with Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding procedures.
How to Apply
For further information and an application form, please visit our website at www.open-academy.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th April 2019 at 9:00 a.m.