School: The Open Academy
Salary: Scale E point 18 £14,830 to point 21 £16,143 (Actual)
Contract Term: 35 hours per week / 5 days per week (Monday to Friday), term time only
Start Date: 2018-06-12
We are seeking to appoint an organised, literate and flexible person with a passion for books and reading to manage our library and its resources. Skills required include:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents and visitors
• GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English and/or degree
• Experience of working in an education setting/busy office environment
• Ability to build and form good relationships at all levels
• Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of library based software packages
• Knowledge of SIMS and or/VLE would be desirable but is not essential
Benefiting from a landmark building, Open Academy is a popular, thriving, oversubscribed academy with rising GCSE results and an Ofsted report which deems us to be ‘good in all areas’.
How to Apply
All applications should be made electronically, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and training in Child Protection/Safer Working Practices.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25 June 2018 at 09:00 a.m.
Interviews: W/C 25 June 2018