School: The Open Academy
Location: The Open Academy
Salary: NJC Scale D/E (pro rata)
Type: Part Time
Contract Term: Fixed term contract until 31 August 2019 in the first instance
Start Date: 2018-10-12
Overarching aim of role: To support students with Special Educational Needs to make good progress across a range of subject areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to provide in-class support for our students in line with their Special Educational Needs. You will be joining a small team and will work across a wide variety of subject areas demonstrating a commitment to helping our students make good progress.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A good secondary education and/or degree
- Good ICT and organisational Skills
- The ability to relate to and motivate young people
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
- The desire to make a real difference to young people's life chances
- Previous experience of working with young people would be desireable
Benefiting from a landmark building, Open Academy is a popular, thriving, oversubscribed academy with rising GCSE results and an Ofsted report which deems us to be 'good in all areas.'
How to Apply
For further information, please visit www.open-academy.org.uk
Please see the attached documents for more information and an application form.
Please return completed application forms to the Personnel Department of the Open Academy in an envelope marked confidential.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31 October 2018 at 9:00am
Interviews will take place on Thursday 8 November 2018