Caretaker – Weasenham Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 29 September 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Weasenham Church of England Primary Academy, Common End Weasenham Norfolk PE32 2SP
We are looking for someone passionate to join our team.
- Salary – Scale C (approximately £11.55 per hour)
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
- 42 weeks per year
- Start Date – As soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Caretaker at Weasenham Church of England Primary Academy who will be responsible for the cleaning and caretaking of the school and it’s premises
Purpose of role:
- Under the direction of the Headteacher/Business Manager and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school, to ensure that the school premises and contents are properly maintained, secured and ready for use.
- To help keep the school clean and tidy.
Other job information:
- The Caretaker has a 24-hour responsibility for the security of the school premises. Within this the hours of attendance for work will be determined by the needs of the school and undertaken by agreement with the Headteacher.
- Key holder responsibilities extend beyond regular working hours to cater for emergencies at any time day or night (negotiable)
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2022
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; email@example.com
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
Weasenham Church of England Primary Academy is part of Hope Federation of Church of England Primary Academies (Brisley, Rudham and Weasenham) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to prove their identity, qualifications and enhanced DBS credentials before taking up the post.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
MSA, Support staff
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA – Thomas Bullock CofE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy; Pound Green Lane Shipdham, IP25 7LF
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA Salary – Scale B-C depending on experience and qualifications 5 days per week 11:30pm – 3:30 ( 20 hours per week) Term Time plus 1 week Start date – as soon as possible The role offers an exciting opportunity to join our well-resourced, busy and thriving Nursery and Primary School where we are seeking to appoint and inspiring, creative, calm, responsive, caring and enthusiastic individual to support our fabulous children.Details
Teaching Assistant – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Field Lane, Kessingland, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7QA
Salary : Scale C, point 3-4 Hours : 26.Details