Cover Supervisor/Co-ordinator – Open Academy
Posted on: Monday 12 September 2022 | Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Open Academy, Salhouse Road, Norwich, NR7 9DL
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to plan and coordinate the Academy cover requirement for the day, and provide cover for classes of teachers who are absent. In this role you will support students to make progress with the work set and maintain good classroom order.
- Required as soon as possible
- Salary NJC Scale E (pro rata)
- 37 hours per week, term time plus one week
- You must be able to start work at 7.15am each day
- Actual (pro rata) Salary range Scale E point 7 £17,303 to point 11 £19,146
You will be joining a team of Cover Supervisors and will have the opportunity to work across the curriculum and support students and staff with a wide variety of activities and trips.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A good secondary education (GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English) and/or degree
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good literacy and organisational skills
- Good ICT skills
- The ability to relate to and motivate young people
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
- The desire to make a real difference to young people’s life chances
Our aim is to provide a transformative education for the children of our community, by treating every child as the blessing that they are.
With a wonderful, fully comprehensive group of students and the most inspirational building you can imagine, Open is a great place to work.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Closing date: Monday 26 September 2022
Interviews: Friday 30 September 2022
How to apply
Please email your applications to; firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form.
Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with our HT/DHT.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
DNEAT has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DNEAT meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of DNEAT.
Teaching Assistant – Moorlands Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Moorlands Church of England Primary Academy, Moorland Way, Belton, Great Yarmouth, NR31 9PA
The school is looking for a hardworking and committed individual who is able to work using their own initiative, demonstrating enthusiasm and a good sense of humour to join our friendly and supportive team.Details
1:1 Teaching Assistant
1:1 Teaching Assistant – Great Witchingham C of E Primary Academy (Trinity Federation)
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Great Witchingham C of E Primary Academy - The St, Norwich NR9 5SD
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to work in a year 3/4 class to start 31st October 2022.Details