Cover Supervisor/Intervention Teaching Assistant ~ Unity Federation
Posted on: Wednesday 22 November 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Vacancy Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Pay Scale: Scale F Point 8 to 13 proportionate to the full-time salary of £22,777 to £24,948 (depending upon experience)
Permanent Part time position
Hours per week: 25 hours
Term Time: Term Time 38 weeks + 1 week
Start Date: January 2024
Closing Date: Friday 8 December at 12 noon 2023
Unity Federation is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor/Intervention Teaching Assistant to join our team across Unity Federation. At Unity Federation, you will find a warm and friendly atmosphere, with purposeful learning environments. We aim to provide happy and supportive surroundings for the children in our care and have in place a wide range of learning experiences to ensure the full growth and development of the child – physically, intellectually, socially and morally. We are three friendly village schools which are part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT). The schools are within 10 minutes of each other and within 5 minutes travel from Fakenham, 25 minutes from Dereham, 40 minutes from King’s Lynn and 50 minutes from Norwich.
The successful candidate will be working across Unity Federation. There would be an expectation to be able to work at all three sites but would be dependent on pupil needs and staff absence. Travel expenses would be covered outside of the regular daily commute for the individual (as per DNEAT Travel Expense Policy). It would be expected arrangements would be reviewed on a termly basis. Key tasks would include cover for planned absence, the planning and delivery of interventions and would cover all pupil age ranges.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible and able to adapt to the needs of all pupils
- Is able to work with the school teams to develop and deliver the curriculum
- Is able to build positive relationships with all pupils
- Has a desire to enable every child to succeed regardless of the needs or abilities
- Is able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff, parents and the wider community
- Uses positive behaviour management strategies
- Is well-organised
- Communicates well with staff and parents
- Is a team player but can work under their own initiative
- Has bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring Federation full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
- A strong culture of safeguarding where all adults are supervised and supported to ensure children, young people and adults in our organisation are safe
- Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity and are excited and enthused by their learning.
- A welcoming, supportive and active Governing Body.
- Parents/carers and families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities.
- Well-stocked staffrooms full of goodies
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated, and adaptable and are ready to ensure all in our schools ‘Have Faith, Flourish and Fly High’, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a visit, please contact the our Executive Headteacher, Miss Suzannah Hayes by emailing email@example.com.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
Closing date: Friday 8 December 2023
Interviews: Monday 11 December 2023
How to apply
An application form and information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Applications should be returned by email to Miss Suzannah Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations
We are committed to ensuring that our workforce consists of the best staff for the roles and are committed to non-discriminatory practices ensuring that our values of equality and diversity are supported. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Before School Club Assistant
Before School Club Assistant – Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy, School Rd, Colkirk, Fakenham NR21 7NW
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy Vacancy Job Title: Before School (Breakfast) Club Assistant Pay Scale: Scale C, Point 4 Annual Value: £21,189 full time equivalent Permanent Part Time Role Hours per week: 2 hours per week (7.Details
Teaching Assistant – Little Plumstead C of E Primary Academy
St Benet's MAT
Little Plumstead CofE Primary Academy, Old Hall Rd, Norwich NR13 5FA
We are looking for an excellent, highly motivated, committed and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our team.Details