Executive Headteacher – Sandringham Federation
Posted on: Friday 9 February 2024 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Sandringham & West Newton CofE Primary Academy, School Rd, King's Lynn PE31 6AX and Flitcham Church of England Primary Academy, Church Rd, Flitcham, King's Lynn PE31 6BU
Number on Roll in Federation: 137
Number on Roll (Sandringham): 80
Number on Roll (Flitcham): 57
Start Date: 1st September 2024
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
This is a rolling advert
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Sandringham Federation!
The two schools of Sandringham and Flitcham comprise the Sandringham Federation. Each lie at the heart of their respective village communities and are strongly supported by an active governing body made up of local people who come from a variety of backgrounds. As Executive Headteacher, you will ensure that we meet the needs of every child. You will maintain and develop staff relationships and collaborate with our wider communities and education partners. In an ever-changing educational environment, there will be many exciting challenges ahead.
You will be well supported by the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust. In particular, we are looking for an Executive Headteacher who:
- Possesses the experience, motivation and resilience to move us forwards and embrace any challenges.
- Understands that thriving schools can be the beating heart of a rural community and that their success or otherwise affects the wider community.
- Is able to embrace and sustain the Christian ethos and values of the Federation.
- Has the character to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance outcomes.
- Is an inspirational leader who is committed to delivering the schools’ vision for the children, staff and communities we serve.
- Has the initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst sustaining what already works and managing change effectively.
- Has the ability to develop outstanding educational provision that results in outstanding outcomes.
- Has the ability to understand what the team has to offer and be able to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Has the ambition to drive a rich and varied curriculum which engages and inspires every child.
- To understand the unique relationship of the Federation, particularly Sandringham and West Newton, with the Crown Estate
- To understand the intricacies of mixed-age provision within the context of annually changing pupil admission numbers
We can offer:
- Peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support.
- Geographically focused development opportunities within the west hub of academies including dedicated support from a key professional.
- The security of working in a climate of shared accountability.
- Investment in your professional development and future career.
- A research-based approach to academy improvement that builds capacity from within
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust wide improvement initiatives.
- Access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning.
- A values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of Church academies
How to apply
Completed application forms and cover letters should be emailed to Emily Knights, HR Administrator, at email@example.com. This is a rolling advert. CVs will not be accepted.
You are also warmly invited to visit the federation before applying to get a palpable sense of the special atmosphere of our schools. Please see the Recruitment Pack for more contact details.
References will be requested prior to interview and referees may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
The post-holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role please contact Emily Knights, HR Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call with the current Executive Headteacher.
You are encouraged to explore the MAT, Federation and school websites to get a feel for our schools and their cultures.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Teaching Assistant – Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Junior Academy, Gilpin's Ride, Dereham NR19 1BJ
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Dereham Church of England Junior Academy Vacancy Job Title: Teaching Assistant Pay Scale: Scale D Point 5/6 Annual Value: £23,500 - £23,893 full time equivalent Pro-Rata Value: £15,903 - £16,169 pro rata per annum Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Hours per week: 30 hours per week (8:25am to 3:25pm, Monday to Friday) Contract Type: Fixed Term until 30th July 2024 Term Time: Term time only Start Date: As soon as possible If you have experience of working with children, particularly those with additional needs, or a desire to make a positive impact on the opportunities and chances for young people with additional needs then we may have the position for you.Details
Administration, Human Resources
General Administrator – Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company
Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company
The Stables, Hall Lane, East Tuddenham, Norfolk, NR20 3LR
Vacancy Job Title: General Administrator Pay Scale: NJC Spine Points 2 - 8 Annual Value: £22,366 - £24,702 Full Time/Part Time: Full Time Contract type: Permanent Hours per week: 37.Details