EYFS/KS1 Teacher – Bishops CofE Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 25 May 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company
The Bishops Church of England Primary Academy, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB
Full time from September 2023 Maternity cover
Vacancy Job Title: EYFS/KS1 Teacher (Key Stage one or Early Years)
Pay Scale: MPS
Fixed term Full time: Full time Maternity contract
Hours per week: 35 hours
Start Date: September 2023
Stop looking! You have found your perfect job.
Would you like to join our fabulous, friendly and dynamic team? We are an amazing two form entry Church of England primary academy with big ideas.
We care about offering our staff team excellent CPD and close links with a range of schools. We have small class sizes, excellent facilities and TAs in every class. We care about our team and ensure they are released appropriately to undertake their role. We have a minimal marking policy and believe teachers should also be people too, so expect to be chased out of the school if you stay too late!
We are looking for a teacher to join us, who is excited to help us achieve even better outcomes for our delightful, polite and inspiring children.
We are looking for a team player who is excited to take on a whole school responsibility, we would love to meet someone with musical talents but are happy to consider any subjects.
Can you give us;
- Dedication, enthusiasm and commitment
- A good knowledge of teaching pedagogy including the teaching of phonics and understanding of the EY or KS1 curriculum.
- A desire to be research led in their practice
- Team work and a commitment to self-development
- A good level of numeracy, grammar and literacy
- Effective communication skills
If so, we can offer you;
- An excellent team of people to work with, in a wonderful atmosphere
- Training opportunities and support
- Friendly, happy children
- Cakes and chocolate!
We would love to meet you. Why don’t you call us for a look around to see how lovely we are for yourself.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact us.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DNEAT meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of DNEAT.
Closing date: Friday 9 June 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 14 June 2023
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You may also be interested in...View all
apprenticeship, Teaching Assistants
Teaching Assistant Apprentice – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Church of Primary Academy, Field Ln, Kessingland, Lowestoft NR33 7QA
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join our excellent team of Learning Support staff.Details
Morley Church of England Primary Academy, Deopham Road, Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 9TS
We are looking for a Teacher who is hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated and wants to make a difference to our wonderful children and the community.Details