Heads of School (2 positions) – Narborough CE Primary Academy and Sporle CE Primary Academy (DNEAT)
Posted on: Friday 12 February 2021
Narborough CE Primary Academy and Sporle CE Primary Academy
Two Heads of School
We are looking for two highly motivated, positive and enthusiastic individuals to be Heads of School at Narborough and Sporle Church of England Primary Academies and become part of our family at the Nar Valley Federation of Church School Academies from September 2021 or sooner if possible.
Narborough and Sporle are two small village primary schools located a few miles outside of the town of Swaffham. Narborough consists of 4 mixed age classes with just over 100 pupils on roll and Sporle with 3 mixed age classes and just under 70 pupils on roll. Being church schools, Christian values and ethos sit at the heart of everything we do to create an environment where everyone is valued and respected and pupils are given every opportunity to shine. Narborough and Sporle are part of The Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies, a family of three small Church of England primary schools and part of DNEAT (Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust).
For each Academy the successful candidate will have the privilege of leading the school on a day to day basis. This will be a class-based role teaching in the mornings and being non-class based in the afternoon. They will be supported and challenged by the Executive Headteacher to lead their team in creating the best possible learning environment that allows all the children to be the best that they can be and to ‘Let their light shine’. These are exciting times as we create a new leadership structure within the schools and across the Federation and the successful candidates will become part of the Federation Senior Leadership team and help to drive the future vision for the school and the Federation.
The positions are:
- Full time
- Salary Scale L1-6 £42, 195 to £47,735 (depending upon experience)
- From September 2021 or sooner if possible
- Based at Narborough or Sporle but part of the role requires travel between all 3 sites for meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous experience of a senior leadership role within a school.
- Has experience of driving projects forward and can demonstrate where this has happened successfully
- Uses positive behaviour management strategies
- Has a desire to enable every child to succeed regardless of the needs or abilities
- Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Is a skilled communicator and decision-maker who can lead in complex situations
- Is a good motivator
- Works under their own initiative
- Demonstrates a mature and considered approach to problem solving.
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring school full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
- Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity regardless of any barriers and are excited and enthused by their learning.
- A Federation that works as a team
- A welcoming, supportive and active Governing Body
- Parents/carers and families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities
- A well-stocked staffroom full of goodies
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated, and adaptable and are ready to ‘Let your light shine’, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a meeting with our Executive Headteacher, Mrs Anne Neary.
Telephone: 01760 722393
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children, through its policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any applicant wishing to work around children can expect to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If short listed for interview your motives for working in a school setting will be explored. Knowing that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination exist, we promote justice, fairness and equality in all areas of school life. All backgrounds and groups, including those with disabilities, are welcome to apply.
Closing date: Thursday 4 March 2021
How to apply
An application form and information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded above.
Applications should be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 4 March 2021
Interviews: Thursday 11 and Friday 12 March 2021