HLTA – Swaffham Primary Academy
Posted on: Tuesday 2 August 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Swaffham CofE Primary Academy, Brandon Road, Swaffham, PE37 7EA
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and have a strong impact on children with Special Educational Needs at the very start of their educational journey at Swaffham Primary Academy.
HLTA to support the teaching and learning of pupils with high Special Educational Needs within EYFS
Start Date – As soon as possible
Fixed term initially.
Grade: Scale G Point 19
30 hours per week
Do you believe in inclusion and that every child has the right and ability to shine, learn, believe and belong?
Swaffham Primary Academy has an exciting and unique opportunity for an adaptive, consistent and patient HLTA who has experience with and a passion for working with pupils with Special Educational Needs, for a HLTA who would like to have a real impact and make an incredible difference to learning and development of SEND pupils. We are seeking to employ a HLTA who has an understanding of supporting pupils with a range of communication and language needs, cognition and learning difficulties and associated communication, social and emotional challenges.
Pupil specific HLTA roles are unique and require a nurturing approach with a positive attitude, where we learn, develop and adapt, as a team, to the needs of the child and support them to get the very best experience they can from school life.
- Are you patient and understanding?
- Are you child centred?
- Can you work well as a team and support teaching assistants to develop the learning and development of SEND pupils?
- Are you keen to learn and develop your skill set and understanding of SEND?
- Would you like to be part of our growing, positive team where children are at the very centre of all we do?
- Do you place a great deal of importance on mental health and well being for all?
In this role you would be working with a team of Teaching Assistants, including Pupil Specific Teaching Assistants, with the Class Teacher and SENDCo to ensure that high needs children have the provision, patience, understanding and support they need to access an adaptive curriculum and thrive within our setting. We have developed a brand new, bespoke provision to support our vulnerable and SEND pupils through their educational journey. This bespoke provision would be accessed alongside the classroom, adapted as necessary, to meet the needs of all learners. Alongside this, you would be supporting the planning and implementation of an outdoor curriculum, part of the team supporting the adaptation of the EYFs curriculum to ensure it is accessible to all.
We are seeking to employ someone who can:
- Support communication and language development
- Support social, emotional and language needs
- Be a forward thinking HLTA with the willingness to learn, adapt and be flexible to meet the needs of all learners
- Work in collaboration with the class teacher and independently to adapt provision for SEND pupils to access the curriculum, directing pupil special Teaching Assistants as necessary to support every child’s progress
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of pupils while encouraging constructive relationships
- Promote positive relationships with parents/carers
- Undertake structured learning activities, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Support the needs of all learners to access the curriculum and make progress
- Have the ability to be independent and work as part of a team
- Respond to the needs of pupils by supporting the needs of any learner, in small groups, one to one or whole class, across the Primary Phase, as needed
- Working with ASD or pupils with global development delay would be an advantage
- Confident and knowledgeable working with technology to support learning
- Working with pupils with SEND.
Culture and ethos
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
We can offer:
- a friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
- fantastic children who are keen to learn
- commitment to CPD and professional development with opportunities across the Trust
- the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of the DNEAT family of schools which includes 23 other Primary schools
- a happy and positive working environment
- brand new SEND provision
- The support of a Thrive School
For an informal discussion with the SENDCo or to book an opportunity to visit the school, please contact Jackie Purple on 01760 721831.
Applications and further details are available from our website: https://www.swaffhamprimary.dneat.org
Applications will be subject to the Academy’s Safe Recruitment procedures including an enhanced DBS check. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Closing date: Friday 2 September 2022
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to email@example.com
Business Administrator Apprentice Level 3 – Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Orchard House, Hall Lane, East Tuddenham, NR20 3LR
The Business Administrator Apprentice will support the HR Team two days per week and the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT) two days per week.Details
2 x Cleaner vacancies – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Swaffham C.E. Primary School, Brandon Road, Swaffham, Norfolk. PE37 7EA
The school is looking for two hardworking and committed individuals, who are able to work using their own initiative.Details