Learning Support Assistant – Whitefriars Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Monday 27 November 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Whitefriars Church of England Primary Academy, Whitefriars Road, Kings Lynn, PE30 5AH
Vacancy Title: Learning Support Assistant
Pay Scale: Scale C, point 3
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time – temporary until 31/08/24
Hours per week: 26.66hrs per week (8:45am-3:05pm)
Term Time: 38 weeks + 1 weeks per year (required for inset days or other (if applicable)
Start Date: To be discussed
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and dynamic Learning Support assistant, who will support individuals or small groups of pupils, including more specialised support for those with special education needs. You will enable access to learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom – work may be carried out in the classroom or in other teaching areas.
You will be someone who:
- Is passionate about working with children and is able to inspire them to be the best that they can be
- Has experience working with primary aged children including children with Special Education Needs
- Has experience of working within EYFS / KS1.
- Is organised, proactive and confident in planning, preparing and delivering lessons
- Is able to ‘Bring learning to life’
- Has excellent numeracy/literacy skills – GCSE grade C or above(or NV2 equivalent)
- Has an NVQ2 or equivalent in teaching assistance or be willing to work towards one
- Is able to work constructively as part of a team
- Has good communication skills and can demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours
- Has effective management strategies
We can offer you:
- Well behaved children who love to learn and are a real credit to our school
- Dedicated, caring and supportive colleagues
- A motivated school which is constantly striving to improve
- A well-resourced school that embraces challenge
- Opportunity for professional development
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
For further information and to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 01553 761001.
Closing date: Tuesday 12 December 2023
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; email@example.com.
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Academy Business Manager or Lead SENCO.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Before School Club Assistant
Before School Club Assistant – Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy, School Rd, Colkirk, Fakenham NR21 7NW
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy Vacancy Job Title: Before School (Breakfast) Club Assistant Pay Scale: Scale C, Point 4 Annual Value: £21,189 full time equivalent Permanent Part Time Role Hours per week: 2 hours per week (7.Details
Teaching Assistant – Little Plumstead C of E Primary Academy
St Benet's MAT
Little Plumstead CofE Primary Academy, Old Hall Rd, Norwich NR13 5FA
We are looking for an excellent, highly motivated, committed and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our team.Details