Premises Assistant – St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery
Posted on: Thursday 4 August 2022 | Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Church Street, Carbrooke, Thetford, Norfolk IP25 6SW
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable Premises Assistant to join our team at St Peter & St Paul Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery, in the beautiful rural village of Carbrooke from September 2022 ~ our Academy is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT).
- Monday to Friday ~ 10hrs / week (2hrs per day)
- Scale C Point 4 ~ £9.91 per hour
- Start Date: September 2022
This role is a vital part of the Academy operations and includes locking and unlocking the premises, general maintenance tasks of the school site, its grounds, plant and equipment, recording health and safety checks in order to provide a safe and secure teaching and learning environment.
The school has 8 classes including a nursery and circa 250 pupils on roll. The position is:
- 10 hours per week term time ~ split shift (mornings & late afternoon/evenings) to be agreed by both parties on appointment
- Contract includes ten x 2 hour sessions to be undertaken during the school holidays for premise management and maintenance tasks, timings to be arranged to suit both parties
- Salary Scale C Point: 4 (£9.91 per hour).
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates an understanding of caretaking and site maintenance responsibilities and requirements
- Has some caretaking and or site maintenance experience
- Works under their own initiative
- Is hard working and reliable
- Is a team player.
Culture and Ethos
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Trust’s Christian vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Follow the Trust’s policies and procedures at all times
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Diocese, the Trust and its academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
What can we offer you in return? … friendly, happy, caring children; dedicated staff; a team with an array of experience; regular well-being days and treats, and to be part of our school family.
If you would like to know more then please get in touch with Mrs Rosemary Ison our School Business Manager by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 6 September 2022
Interviews: Monday 12 September 2022
How to apply
An application form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded above.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com or post to Mrs Rosemary Ison at St Peter & St Paul CoE Primary Academy & Nursery, Church Street, Carbrooke, Norfolk, IP25 6SW
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children, through its policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any applicant wishing to work around children can expect to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If short listed for interview your motives for working in a school setting will be explored. Knowing that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination exist, we promote justice, fairness and equality in all areas of school life. All backgrounds and groups, including those with disabilities, are welcome to apply.
Business Administrator Apprentice Level 3 – Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Orchard House, Hall Lane, East Tuddenham, NR20 3LR
The Business Administrator Apprentice will support the HR Team two days per week and the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT) two days per week.Details
2 x Cleaner vacancies – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Swaffham C.E. Primary School, Brandon Road, Swaffham, Norfolk. PE37 7EA
The school is looking for two hardworking and committed individuals, who are able to work using their own initiative.Details