Teaching Assistant, Early Years Class – St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery
Posted on: Wednesday 10 August 2022 | Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Church Street, Carbrooke, Norfolk IP25 6SW
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our team at St Peter & St Paul Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery, in the beautiful rural village of Carbrooke from December 2022 or sooner if possible.r 2022 ~ our Academy is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Early Years provision (either Nursery or Reception) where we support pupils from two to five years of age. Your role will be to support both the teacher and assistants with the day to day provision offer, the observations and assessments of pupils and keeping accurate records of mile stones that the pupils reach.
The school has eight classes including the nursery and circa 250 pupils on roll.
The position is:
- 32 hours per week
- Monday to Friday term time plus 1 week
- Salary Scale B / C Point: 2 to 4 depending upon experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- Be an excellent practitioner who is passionate about children’s learning
- Inspire and excite children in their learning
- Consistently set high expectations for pupils
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be willing to contribute to the common goals of the School
- Have a firm commitment to our Christian ethos, vision and values
- Confident in using basic IT
- GCSE or equivalent, grade 4 /pass in Mathematics and English.
What can we offer you in return? … enthusiastic, friendly, happy and caring children who are proud of their village school dedicated staff; an excellent environment in which to develop professionally, a team with an array of experience; regular well-being days and treats, and to be part of our school family.
If you would like to know more then please get in touch with Mrs Hannah Wheeler our Headteacher by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a visit around school this can be arranged by appointment, please contact the school office on 01953 881537
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Friday 21 October 2022
Interviews: Monday 7 November 2022
How to apply
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com or post to Mrs Rosemary Ison at St Peter & St Paul CoE Primary Academy & Nursery, Church Street, Carbrooke, Norfolk, IP25 6SW
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant – English at Open Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to provide both one to one, small group and in-class support for students in English. You will be joining a small team and will work across the English faculty to help students make good progress.Details