Teaching Assistant ~ Harleston Primary Academy
Posted on: Monday 20 December 2021 | St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
Harleston CE Primary Academy, School Lane, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 9HG
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a real difference to pupils' chances and supporting them in achieving their potential. The ability to be creative and use imaginative flair to engage pupils, is essential, along with having resilience, drive and high expectations, enabling every child to flourish.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join Harleston Primary Academy, one of two schools within The Harleston Federation. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced teaching assistants as well as those who are in the early stages of their career. This post would be ideal for a graduate interested in teaching and requiring experience in a school before applying for teaching training. You will be based at Harleston Primary Academy but may be asked to work in both schools within the Harleston Federation.
We are extremely proud of our ethos and the very positive relationships which exist at the school. The Harleston Federation; part of the St Benet’s Multi Academy Trust, includes Harleston Primary Academy and Archbishop Sancroft High School, both are oversubscribed, inclusive, Church of England schools in South Norfolk. We are a community that flourishes, through God’s love, to live ‘Life in All its Fullness’ John 10:10 and John 13:34
Under the supervision of the class teacher you will play a vital role in the children’s education and well-being. The role also includes midday supervision.
- Ideally have relevant experience of working with children across the EYFS/KS1/KS2 age range, and in particular with pupils who have Special Educational Needs. However, if you feel you have transferable skills and are looking for a new challenge then please tell us these in the personal statement of your application.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills, and a relevant qualification (Level 2 minimum)
- Be able to establish positive and supportive relations with all pupils and their parents and carers
- Be able to use your initiative to support learning
- Be able to work with flexibility, autonomy and as part of a team
- Have energy, drive and enthusiasm
We can offer you:
- A child centred ethos which achieves high standards of behaviour for learning and attainment
- A professional, welcoming and supportive staff with high expectations
- An opportunity to work in a good location where the cost of housing is attractive
- The support of an informed and active Local Governing Body and Trust
- A very supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team
- Close collaboration throughout the Trust
- Membership of Health Shield health care plan
“The SLT at this school lead with an extremely strong sense of passion and belief in what they are doing and why. The school fosters a great sense of community and it is clear that the SLT has the student’s needs at the heart of every decision. It is a great place to work and the students are fab!” (Recent staff survey, 2021)
“The school has evolved to where it is today with dignity, strength and kindness at its heart” (Recent parent survey, 2021)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Teaching Assistant (TA) 17.5 hours per week (M-F 8:30am-12pm), immediate start
Scale C, salary point 3-4 £18,747 – £19,122 pro rata Term Time + 1 week
Closing date: Friday 14 January 2022
How to apply
If you inspire young people, are committed to supporting vulnerable students with additional needs and want to develop your career in a thriving and forward moving school please visit Vacancies Info on our website for further information and an application form or contact the SENDCO, Mrs Laura Botwright, initially be email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
Applications should be emailed to Emma Johnson, Executive Business Manager at email@example.com
Harleston CE Primary Academy
Executive Headteacher: Mr Rob Connelly, BSc. (Hons)
Head of School: Mr Mark Carlyle, BA (Hons)
Address: School Lane, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 9HG
Temporary Teaching Assistant – Brancaster Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Brancaster Church of England Primary Academy, Chequers St, Docking, King's Lynn PE31 8LH
Brancaster Church of England Primary Academy are seeking a high quality Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and friendly team to work in our EYFS/KS1 class.Details
Support staff, Teaching Assistants
SEN support in KS1 – Diss Primary Academy Partnership
St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
Diss Church of England Junior Academy, The Entry, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4NT
Are you Enthusiastic, Motivated, Creative, Organised, Dedicated?Details