Teaching Assistant – Narborough Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Wednesday 3 August 2022 | Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Narborough Primary Academy, Denny's Walk, Narborough, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1TA
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team at Narborough Church of England Primary Academy from December 2022 or sooner if possible.
The position is:
- Part time 32.5 hours per week, term time + 1 week
- Salary Scale C
- From December 2022 or sooner if possible
- Based at Narborough but travel is required between all 3 sites for meetings at times and you may be asked in the future to work at one of the other sites.
The Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies are a family of three small Church of England primary schools and part of DNEAT (Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust). Our three schools at Narborough, Castle Acre and Sporle are located a few miles outside of the market town of Swaffham. Being church schools, Christian values and ethos sit at the heart of everything we do to create an environment where everyone is valued and respected and pupils are given every opportunity to shine.
The successful candidate will be based in the Year 5/6 class for the majority of the week but also supporting the Year 4 Class. The role will also provide cover opportunities for the candidate to operate at Higher Level Teaching Assistant level.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible and able to adapt to the needs of all pupils
- Is able to work with the class team to develop and deliver the curriculum
- Has a strong culture of safeguarding
- Is able to build positive relationships with all pupils
- Has a desire to enable every child to succeed regardless of the needs or abilities
- Is able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff, parents and the wider community
- Uses positive behaviour management strategies
- Is well-organised
- Communicates well with staff and parents
- Is a team player but can work under their own initiative
- Has bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring school full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
- Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity regardless of any barriers and are excited and enthused by their learning
- A strong culture of safeguarding where all adults are supervised and supported to ensure children, young people and adults in our organisation are safe
- A Federation that works as a team
- A welcoming, supportive and active Governing Body
- Parents/carers and families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities
- A well-stocked staffroom full of goodies!
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated, and adaptable and are ready to ‘Let your light shine’, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a meeting with our Executive Head teacher, Mrs Anne Neary. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office to book an appointment telephone or email: 01760 338048, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application form and information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Monday 21 November 2022
Interviews: Monday 28 November 2022
How to apply
Applications should be returned by email to the School Business Manager: email@example.com
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
MSA, Support staff
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA – Thomas Bullock CofE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy; Pound Green Lane Shipdham, IP25 7LF
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA Salary – Scale B-C depending on experience and qualifications 5 days per week 11:30pm – 3:30 ( 20 hours per week) Term Time plus 1 week Start date – as soon as possible The role offers an exciting opportunity to join our well-resourced, busy and thriving Nursery and Primary School where we are seeking to appoint and inspiring, creative, calm, responsive, caring and enthusiastic individual to support our fabulous children.Details
Teaching Assistant – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Field Lane, Kessingland, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7QA
Salary : Scale C, point 3-4 Hours : 26.Details