Teaching Assistant to support learning in EYFs – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Tuesday 21 November 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy, Brandon Road, Swaffham, PE37 7EA
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy is looking for an excellent teaching assistant to join our wonderful School to cover Maternity Leave in our Early Years provision
Job Title: Teaching Assistant to support learning in EYFs:
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Pay Scale: Scale D point 5/6 based on experience
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hours per week: 27.5
Term Time: 38 weeks + 1 weeks per year (required for inset days or other (if applicable)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Ofsted visited our school in June 2023 and recognised the following:
“Provision for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities is effective.”
“Skilled adults deliver support effectively.”
“Staff enjoy working at the school… feel well supported by leaders… leaders are considerate of their workload and well-being.”
“Leaders ensure that pupils who struggle with their reading receive the right support to help them to catch up.”
Our values are rooted in enabling every child to flourish through our fantastic curriculum. The next step in our school’s incredible journey is the launch of our bespoke provision this year including Forest Schools. As we are a Thrive school this will enhance our belief that every child can shine and together we make this possible.
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for an EYFs teaching assistant to join our team.
This exciting opportunity will include supporting individuals and small groups across EYFs, and this will include pupils with special educational needs. Phonics is a key element of this role and having a knowledge and understanding of Jolly Phonics would be an advantage.
Our EYFs provision was established in 2020 with brand new provision including a wonderful outdoor learning area, a large classroom space with accessible toilets, a boot room for wet weather gear and a quiet sensory room. Our EYFs children have settled in fantastically well into their school journey and we are looking for someone who can continue their great progress as they make their steps towards reaching their Early Learning Goals and developing their knowledge, understanding and compassion for the world around them.
We are seeking to employ someone who can:
- Be a forward thinking TA with the willingness to learn, adapt and be flexible to meet the needs of all learners
- Follow direction of the teacher and in collaboration adapt provision for SEND pupils to access the curriculum
- Under the guidance and direction of the class teacher, support phonics, writing and maths groups as well as support children with their reading
- Under the guidance of the class teacher, through play and exploration support pupils to extend their vocabulary, ask questions and show curiosity
- Under the guidance and direction of the class teacher, promote positive relationships with parents/carers
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Support the needs of all learners to access the curriculum and make progress, under the direction of the class teacher
- Have the ability to be independent and work as part of a team
- Knowledge and experience of phonics
- Knowledge and experience of the Early Years Curriculum
- Working with pupils with SEND; in particular ASD, cognition and learning needs, SEMH needs
- Experience of running interventions
We can offer:
- A Thrive approach focused on the Roots and Fruits of behaviour
- A friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
- Fantastic children who are keen to learn
- Commitment to CPD and professional development with opportunities across the Trust
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of the DNEAT family of schools which includes 36 other Primary schools
- A happy and positive working environment
- Fantastic provision including forest schools, a soft play area, enhanced SEND areas around the school, large outdoor grounds, sensory provision
For an informal discussion with the Deputy Head or to book an opportunity to visit the school, please contact Jackie Purple on 01760 721831.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of DONESC.
Closing date: Tuesday 12 December 2023
Interviews: Friday 15 December 2023
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; email@example.com
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Applications and further details are available from our website: https://www.swaffhamprimary.dneat.org
Applications will be subject to the Academy’s Safe Recruitment procedures including an enhanced DBS check. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Before School Club Assistant
Before School Club Assistant – Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy, School Rd, Colkirk, Fakenham NR21 7NW
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy Vacancy Job Title: Before School (Breakfast) Club Assistant Pay Scale: Scale C, Point 4 Annual Value: £21,189 full time equivalent Permanent Part Time Role Hours per week: 2 hours per week (7.Details
Teaching Assistant – Little Plumstead C of E Primary Academy
St Benet's MAT
Little Plumstead CofE Primary Academy, Old Hall Rd, Norwich NR13 5FA
We are looking for an excellent, highly motivated, committed and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our team.Details